Hi, I’m Barbara Carradini. I’m a highly productive, adaptable, and multi-skilled software engineer with a diverse array of technical and management experience, including software development, project management, system and process administration, and technical documentation. I’ve made a career out of picking up new skills on the fly. I like to get shit done.
I love clean, orderly, modular code. Building from scratch is perhaps the most fun, but I also have an editor’s itch and am comfortable diving into, understanding, and cleaning up existing code bases.
But I don’t just care about the code. Good software serves its audience, not just its engineers. Whether designing a simple business website or a complex application, I am committed to understanding and addressing the needs of the target audience and helping to ensure an excellent end user experience.
Check out my profile on LinkedIn for a full professional history.
Here are a few highlights:
- Freelance Software Engineer and Technical Coordinator for DonorSee
- Implemented Ruby back-end to support web, iOS, and Android clients.
- Acted as tech lead and provided ongoing technical support and consultation to project founder.
- Freelance Software Engineer for Cadre
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements for internal app (Ruby, VueJS) to manage recruiting activities and communicate with candidates.
- Engineering Project Mananger for Talari Networks:
- Managed product requirements, project schedules, and release processes for Talari APN and Talari Aware software products.
- Helped define and provided ongoing oversight for $10M joint development project with 3rd-party firm.
- Maintained Talari’s web-based Support Portal.
- Senior Software Engineer for Cisco Systems:
- Developed resource management s/w for Cisco’s ASR 9000 routing platform. Worked mostly in C with a smidge of Perl.
- Was lead expert on statistics management and on the interface database and its complex logical-to-physical translation layer.
- A methodical approach to problem solving.
- A stubborn belief that even the most mysterious technical problems can be solved, given enough time and attention.
- A willingness and ability to pick up new “hard skills” on the fly.
- An attention to minute details that occasionally drives my husband crazy.
- Paradigms: procedural programming, object-oriented programming, scripting, RESTful API design.
- Tools & Services: Git/GitHub, Heroku, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Wordpress CMS, Squarespace CMS
What I Love
- My fantastic husband, Stephen Carradini, who is deeply committed to helping others get where they’re trying to go.
- Listening to and making music, though not while I’m trying to code.
- Sipping black tea when it’s still really hot.